School Arrival and Dismissal Procedure
Our goal is for students to arrive and depart in a safe and orderly manner. Please notify the office by 3:00 if there is a change to how your student will go home that day.
1. Parents may drop off students in the parking lot off Bingham Ave. Enter at the south entrance and students can exit the car at the sidewalk area.
2. Drop off begins when we have supervision at 9:15
3. For safety, please follow the directions of our staff. They will guide parent drop off so that traffic runs smoothly and safely.
4. If you would like to walk your child to the gym, please park in a designated parking spot and come to the office for a pass.
Thank you for your cooperation so we can ensure safety and account for everyone who is in the building.
1. Students will walk with their teacher from the classroom to bus/pick up. They are expected to walk in a line, following their teacher.
2. All students exit the same door as their class. Students may not exit from the side doors.
3. Students remain seated in their designated area in the gym until their teacher dismisses them.
4. Once students are outside, they may not return to the building to use the bathroom, go back to the classroom, etc.
1. Parents are encouraged to use the drive-through system off Bingham for picking up students. Otherwise, to meet students, please get out of vehicle and go to the grassy, treed area off the Bingham parking lot. Remember to use crosswalks when walking them to the car.
2. Please park only in designated areas which include the parking lot on Bingham and the parking lot in front of the school on 128th. Please do not park in the gravel across from the bus crescent entrance (because the buses need room to turn). Do not double-park behind cars in the gravel strip beside the building on Bingham because it blocks people from leaving and can interfere with buses and pose a safety hazard. Please observe the county-designated no-parking zone at the northwest corner of the school (128th and Bingham). We want to protect visibility and avoid parking tickets.
3. Be prepared to show ID if you do not routinely pick up your child. This is to ensure the safety of our students.
4. All students are dismissed via the gym to pick-up and bus areas. Teachers are not allowed to release students in the foyer, halls or courtyard areas.
5. For safety reasons, students may not be pulled out of the bus lines. In case of emergency, please go to the office with your identification to get a slip that will allow us to release the student from the bus line.
Please let us know if you have any questions and/or suggestions.
Thank you for your support!